Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 2 Questions

What did you do today?    o   Briefly describe your day’s activities-        I learned about how to setup microscopes and how to fine tune it. I also found out the results to our experiments and learned more about gram staining. To finish it off, my group presented to the class of our findings and learning experiences.
    o   Discuss any learning points from today’s activities
I learnt on the benefits of bacteria and how deadly it can be. I also learnt how to stain the bacteria to classify them into gram positive and gram negative. If the bacteria is positive, it can be more easily killed by antibiotics, while gram negative bacteria is harder to be killed.-        How do you feel about today’s activities?    o  This project taught me about not to abuse antibiotics and the consequences if we abuse them(unfinished course). If we do not complete the course, the bacteria might mutate and build up resistance to the antibiotics that were normally used to treat them. If not for today's activities, I would not have realised that bacteria could build up resistance to a point where even high concentrations of the antibiotics would not kill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment